Thursday, January 31, 2008

Excruciating Changes

Thinner, by Stephen King (pgs#22-164)

Now that I'm half way through my book it really has become very interesting. I look forward to learning about how will the conflicts in this story will be resolved. The first conflict in the story is the characters in the story have been cursed by a gypsy. The main character Billy has been cursed and is now losing too much weight. The 2 other characters Cary and Donald which are his friends have been cursed by the same gypsy. Cary's skin is scaly and it's turning into reptile scales and Donald has huge pimples all over his body and they're getting bigger and bigger. The second conflict is that the gypsy has disappeared and now they have to find him. Neither character has a lot of left time before they die. So now they are on a mission to find this weird gypsy so they can get the curse reversed before their death. i want to know if this old weird gypsy will be found and will he agree to reverse the curses he has put on these guys so they can live.
This book has become very interesting to me because i like how these men are very determined to get their regular lives back. I also like wizardry such as he gypsy putting curses on people. I always wondered how can they do that without doing it to themselves. How can they cast a spell without messing up? But in all I love the book. Why do you think the gypsy put curses on regular working men?

2 comments:

Ty'Shaunna said...

This book sounds real interesting Diera.and you wrote your response very well.I really didnt find any errors in your response.I look forward to reading more of your responses.

Mr. Malley said...

That's weird. I'm not sure how magic works. There is a long history of discrimination against gypsies, and that may be where the hatred lie.