Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Blog #2

I began my research of what exactly is Tetralogy of Fallot and I learned that it is an sort of heart defect from many different heart defects. This particular heart defect causes many problems with the lungs and it interferes with your breathing. I already knew that this heart defect was basically in the simplest words an hole in your heart but the proper terms a ventricular septal defect (a hole between the ventricles). I also learned that this heart defect is a problem with the heart's structure that's present at birth). The term "blue baby" is also used to describe this condition because some babies who does not have the operation sometimes and most likely turn blue. I learned that the babies turn blue from blood not flowing throughout the body. Luckily the doctors was able to repair my tetralogy of fallot before I turned the color blue. From my research I've also learned that it's a possibility that if I was to become pregnant that I'm at high risk of having a difficult pregnancy. The changes pregnancy brings to a woman's body, can make symptoms of congestive heart failure worse. Having a baby with this condition can cause problems not only for me but also problems such as growth for my baby. So far this is what I found about my heart defect and I'm expected to learn alot more once I finish my research.




"Tetralogy of Fallot." American Heart Assocation. 2008. 22 Apr 2008 .

"What is Tetralogy of Fallot?." National Blood Institute of Health. 2007. 22 Apr 2008 .

"Sex, Pregnancy and Birth Control." American Heart Assocation. 2008. 23 Apr 2008 .





1 comment:

Britt M said...

I REALLY ENJOYED YOUR POST YOU REALLY PUT A LOT OF VITAL INFORMATION.