Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Causes of Tetralogy of Fallot

As I continue my search, trying to find the causes of this defect is rather difficult. One thing that I did find out is that the defect occurs due to abnormal developments and this happens the first eight weeks of pregnancy. A baby's heart begins to form shortly after conception and is complete by the end of the second month of pregnancy, during that time this is where tetralogy of fallot can occur. In my research I was not able to find out what are the causes of this heart defect because they are unknown. (The Internet Encyclopedia Of Science) Some believe that it is heredity, and can be past on to the next child or children but this can't be one of the main causes because for example no one I know of in my family has had this defect so there has to be another cause.

Another topic that runs through my mind is sudden death dealing with tetralogy of fallot. In my research that I learned that sudden death is still problem even though now surgery is being done to those who have this heart defect. The sudden deaths are hard for me to understand because it's not explained in the simplest terms. It's so many things that can go work during and even after the surgery, this is something that I am going to continue to look up and you'll find out the exact causes of sudden deaths with tetralogy of fallot as soon as I do.




"tetralogy of fallot." The Internet encyclopedia of science. 1 May 2008 .

7 comments:

Diera said...

I like how you explained things about tetralogy. It tells a lot of information and about the sudden death. That's something scary to have. It's explained very well and I lok forward to reading and learning more about tetralogy of fallot!

$hakira M. said...

I like how you point ou that even though people have had sugery for the heart defect there still can be a sudden death.I also like how you point out the causes of the tetralogy

Mr. Malley said...

Sharne...this is turning out to be a pretty informative research paper.

Mr. Malley said...

Sharne...this is turning out to be a pretty informative research paper.

Crystalyn said...

Theres a lot of information that you shared in that brief essay. I love how you eplained Tetralogy of Fallot and it has to do with some of what I want to become when im older (gyn/ob) because of the pregnant women and babies!!!

Unknown said...

Another topic that runs through my mind is sudden death dealing with tetralogy of fallot. In my research that I learned that sudden death is still problem even though now surgery is being done to those who have this heart defect.swtor gold
buy swtor gold
cheap swtor gold
tor credits
buy tor credits
cheap tor credits

Unknown said...

I like how you explained things about tetralogy. It tells a lot of information and about the sudden death. That's something scary to have. It's explained very well and I lok forward to reading and learning more about tetralogy of fallotguild wars 2 gold
buy guild wars 2 gold
cheap guild wars 2 gold
cheapest guild wars 2 gold
guild wars 2 gold for sale