Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Dangerous medications

There are many different drugs that people are taking to control their epilepsy. Out of all the medications there are, some of them can cause death. They are very dangerous. So this is another side effect of having epilepsy. You have to be very careful about what you are taking and how it affects you. One of the dangerous medications that are out is called Dilatin. This medication seems to make people react to it by having a seizure that can kill them. Most doctor's say that it's SUDEP. But others think this medication needs to be recalled. If it's suppose to help calm your seizures down, why is it making people have them? No one can answer this question but researchers are willing to find out. These medications can also cause bone deterioration. Who wants to take medicine that makes your bones deteriorate? I believe no one does especially not me! I just want medicine that works and that gets my seizures fully under control.
Everyone who has epilepsy is trying to either get it under control or keep it under control. But they can't if the medication or medications they are taking is causing them to react to it and have seizures and is making their bones disappear. So is taking seizure medication something dangerous? Is this puting your life in danger. as well as eating at your bones?(Gardner) Now I have to be cautious about the medication I am taking. I have been taking it for a year now and nothing has happened to me. So maybe I just have one of the good medications that isn't dangerous. This is something very serious that everyone has to look in to. This is definitely something not to play with especially when it involves your health and most importantly your life. This is more information that I found out about the effects of epilepsy and the medications for it. This is something important that everyone needs to know about whether they have it or not.
Gardner, Amanda. "Epilepsy drug linked to bone loss." washingtonpost.com 04 28 2008 30 04 2008 .

2 comments:

Britt M said...

D you did an excellent job on explaining the different medications and how serious the symptoms are. You are a very strong person, I admire your strength very much. Keep on being strong.

Anonymous said...

Diera I like your title, it gets straight to the point of the imformation that your about to provide. You have alot of good imformation not only for yourself but also for others who may have this problem or know someone who has this problem. I am so proud of you!