Friday, April 25, 2008

More Things to Know

My essential question is, what is the best strategy or plan someone can put in place to stop sudden death from epilepsy? There really aren't any strategies or plans that can really stop sudden death from epilepsy. But there are some ways to prevent it that can help but won't stop sudden death completely. One example would be driving. People with epilepsy cannot drive. They can't drive because they may have a seizure while driving and can cause an accident. It's a very dangerous risk to take. There are laws about driving for people with seizures. Some people can drive but they have a limited time that they can drive and can't drive after certain hours. I hate it because my seizures are not under control. So it prevents me from driving. Everyone is cautious because they don't want me to have a seizure behind the wheel. Most people in my position are banned from driving. And trust me it's nothing fun when you can't do what you want to. The rules varies on how bad that person has seizures and how often.
Another that is banned that epileptic people can't do is swim or bathe. Now about the swimming thing, people who have seizures very often like me, sometimes without knowing you're about to have one, cannot swim or play in water. Things such as a pool. It is dangerous because if you are trying to swim and you have a seizure, you can drown. I love getting in the pool and trying to swim. So it's very hard to try to enjoy yourself when you can't do anything.
Now about the bathing situation. Some people can't bathe because of the same thing with the pool situation except the water isn't as deep. But this is some more info. that I found out about epilepsy and how it affects me and people like me.
"Epilepsy Risk Management." Epilepsy Australia 25 04 2008 .

2 comments:

Ty'Shaunna said...

HELLO D! Your conditon is vry scary i wouldnt know what to do if i had that kind of condition.I read acouple of your blogs they are very interesting.i just cant wait to read the next.keep up the good work D!

RODNEY RAINEY said...

This is very good diera keep up the good work.This is something that blew my mind away because I had a friend with this problem.