Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Epilepsy; Trying to Get Rid of the Sick

I became interested in epilepsy because I have it. I had it ever since I was a baby. I still have seizures like crazy till this day. I have these weird seizures. When I have them I start to feel very sick. Sometimes I pass out or I just get this dizzy feeling. I also start to get very hot. My temperature starts to rise. These seizures cause me to have a short term memory. I could be busy doing something then all of a sudden I forget what I was just doing. I also have a problem with remembering names and phone numbers. I have to keep my cell phone with me because of my memory loss. The seizures I have really mess with my memory. I could have a seizure, after it passes someone could ask me what's my own phone number or even my house phone number and I can't remember. After 10 minutes or so my memory starts to come back to me then I start to remember the number or numbers. I just have to sit down, let the seizure pass and get myself back together.

I really have no clue about what epilepsy really is. I want to know anything and everything about it. Ever since I found out I had it, I wondered how many other people have epilepsy. I wonder if epilepsy is a death sentence? It's a scary thing to have because sometimes I have seizures and I'm not even aware of what's going on. I just never took the time to sit and do the research. The only thing I know about epilepsy is that it's a seizure disorder. I also know what I need to do when I'm having a seizure. Most of the time I just have to relax and just have the seizure until it passes. But when my temperature rises I know that I need to get somewhere where it's cool so my high temperature can decrease. Usually I just go outside or when I'm too exhausted from my seizure I'll just sit by a window.

I want to know what is the best strategy or plan someone can put in place to avoid sudden death from epilepsy? Really what is epilepsy? I wonder if epilepsy can be controlled. Can anyone ever get rid of it? What are the causes of epilepsy and what
are the different side effects?

2 comments:

Ayanna B. said...

I am interested in epilepsy because my grandmother suffers from seizure also.

Sharon said...

Hi,

Epilepsy has gone from an obscure mental illness, to a serious illness recognized by state foundations. This remarkable awareness, is because of the great work organizations, such as yourself, has done. We here, at Disease.com, fully support the cause your organization stands for and we are dedicated to aiding in your mission statement. Disease.com is a website which features disease and infection preventions/treatments. If you could, please list us as a resource or host our social book mark button, it would be much appreciated. Lets dedicate our time to the welfare of the 3 million individuals with epilepsy.
If you need more information please email me back with the subject line as your URL.


Thank You,
Sharon Vegoe